Ok, the IRB is asking for another revision. Here is the email that I received:
“After getting all feedbacks and with my own research, it appears that the IRB would like for you to address the following concerns/points, and perhaps consider alternate ways to collect the data. Please respond to all parties given the following concerns. Once all concerns have been addressed, IRB will assess and endorse your methodology (Human Subjects Research). Upon IRB approval, your dissertation committee comes into action. Every step must be timebound. Here are the points to consider:
• The manuscript has not mentioned any intentions of impacting risk to humans during this study as well and even explain how the researcher was going to perform the study.
• Participants’ involvement with minors and the fact that it puts the sample at risk of easy identification by school administrators.
• Ensuring anonymity would not be that difficult.
• Questions: Why is it important to limit participants to these schools? Why is it important to conduct live interviews via Zoom?
• If this study were changed to a Survey Monkey written interview with a built-in informed consent page that does not require a signature, we could eliminate the risk, except that of a participant’s written speech patterns potentially being recognized. “
These concerns being made to me, I would like for you to go to chapter 3 and address these questions/concerns. The two questions can be answered by providing a change in the study to use Survey Monkey. Please look into Survey Monkey and develop a plan to use it to conduct qualitative research in the manner suggested by the comments, specifically “Survey Monkey written interview with a built-in informed consent page that does not require a signature”. Please be detailed as to how this would work. Please put this information in section 3.9 Data Collection. Keep as much of the original text as possible and only remove what is necessary. (About 1.5 pages)
While researching and writing this part, give as much consideration to dissertation section 3.11 Ethical Considerations as well. A risk with minors has been noted in the concerns. Please address the concern with AT LEAST a full paragraph. A key focus is to complete the concern of “Ensuring anonymity” of the minors. What I believe this to mean comes from the first point, which is “Participants’ involvement with minors and the fact that it puts the sample at risk of easy identification by school administrators.” This is biggest/key part of this order. Please be detailed about minimizing and eliminating risk, especially of risk of minor identification. (About 2-2.5 pages)
I have a timeline of 1 week, so there will be no time for revisions. This must be done right the first time. Please ask if you have even a hint of doubt about how to go about this, or are sure but double check.